Thursday, January 24, 2013

I Am Number Four

                 Hi. Josh here. I am so sorry. Life has been busy; I have been forgetful.... sorry for the absence of posts recently.  Good news is, after all the diagrams, research, and other things, I have a vague idea were Mr. Fluffy is back in time. So, I am happy, and I am trying to get him back. Anyway, book review. I Am Number Four.

                 They killed number one in Malaysia, number two in England, and number three in Kenya. I am number four... Written in first person, this is a really good book. From the planet Lorien, John or number four, along with other Loriens came to Earth. They came because the Magadorians destroyed Lorien, but they escaped, and now they are Lorien and Earth's last hope. The first book of a so far, seven book series.

What I thought: It was really good, and I liked  the idea of the legacies they develop, which are super powers that they get when they are older.

Warnings: There is quite a bit of  swearing in it, and, I don't know if this is a warning, but there is also a lot of romance.

Rating: 3.5 or 4

God Bless,
Josh


4 comments:

  1. Oh man...I could go on and on about my hatred of this book.

    I guess my problem was that I didn't really grow to love the characters. I could care less who died or if John's girlfriend suddenly got hit by a asteroid. I found Four's narrating style boring at times, and I felt like he rambled and drooled over Sarah far too much. But that's just me.

    On the bright side, I liked The Power of Six much better. I'll see if The Rise of Nine is any good soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that series! Except for the first one, the others are great!! How did you find out that there are going to be seven, I've only heard of four? The 4th one "The Return to Lorien".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the first one was really good, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions. The Rise of Nine is GREAT! It's the best one that he's written so far, and I absolutely loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Josh, Avery, Carter, and AJ! I've awarded you guys a blog award. (:

    http://seanajvixen.blogspot.com/2013/02/reader-appreciation-award.html

    ReplyDelete