Saturday, December 29, 2012

THE HOBBIT

Hey guy's, Carter again, I just wanted to say thank you for reading this post even though most of them are few and far between, I have a new book to review


The Hobbit

J.R.R. Tolkien


I know what you are thinking "Carter, we've all heard about this book, we've all tried to read it, it's too poetic!" 
And to respond I would say "Yes, it is very poetic, than you captain obvious,"
if you get past that, I love the book.

Summary: Hobbits are calm simple folk, their most distinguished feature is their hard, hairy feet, which make hobbit be able to walk without shoes. Hobbits stand about three feet tall, and absolutely hate adventure. Adventure is a change, a very big change actually, and Hobbits do not like change very much. So the life of Bilbo Baggins when on as one might think without any adventure, until the day that a very old wizard came to the door. Gandalf the Grey, as they called him, forced this little hobbit into an adventure that a human would think was crazy. With the help of 13 dwarves, old Bilbo started the perilous journey to slay the evil dragon Smaug and relieve the dwarves' hearts from the loss of their treasure. Bilbo comes face to face with trolls, goblins, Gollum, eagles, wolves, (no orcs, for all of you who have seen the movie) and Smaug himself to regain the treasure.

Who's it for: Anyone that loves literature and is will to read the subtext

Genre: Fantasy

Setting: Middle earth, not much else to say about that

Pages: 333

What I thought: The book was very good, I liked the entire story and it most of the time kept your attention, yet it wasn't my favorite, you have to be able to deal with all the songs, I think they would be okay, if you could put the rhythm and tune in the book too, too bad that's not possible.

Rating: umm.... 3.5

Hope you like, if you want to, you can see the movie too, but it ends in the 6th chapter

~ Carter

1 comment:

  1. I'd just like to first mention the little typo you have in the post. (:

    "Yes, it is very poetic, than you captain obvious."

    I'm thinking you might have possibly meant "thank" rather than "than."

    I actually took it upon myself to finish The Hobbit over Christmas break, and I came to love it. You really just have to be able to get past the beginning, and all of the random confusion that's being thrown at you. The rest of the book I found really cool, and though the songs still drove me insane, Tolkien did tone down the singing as the chapters went.

    And now I'm reading the first LotR book, and I really like it much better since I read The Hobbit and knew what was going on and who people were. You should give it a try sometime. You never know, you might like it!

    ReplyDelete