Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wow, it's been a while

Hey guys! This is Carter, it's been a while since I wrote anything. Life has been busy, I speak for everyone here, and there isn't a lot of free time to do this. I've been hearing a huge buzz on the book The City of Bones lately, so I thought I would try it. Here it goes... I might be a little rusty with book reviews.



The City of Bones 
by: Cassandra Clare




Summary: Clary Fray starts her story the night of a murder.... at a nightclub. With her friend, Simon, Clary wants to check out the seen, but Simon doesn't see anything, or anyone, but Clary does clear as day a man walk out. Clary is sure that this happened. Is she going mad, was she Hallucinating? Confused, she lets it go and leaves for the night. The next day, she sees the man he saw yesterday in a coffee shop, once again invisible to everyone but her. After a quick talk with him, Clary is brought into a magical world she knows nothing about and is forced to learn everything about this magic in a few days. her mom is kidnapped, Her home has been broken into, and now she lives with a bunch of loons that think they can do magic, What a normal day! Clary starts a quest to find her mother, and defeat her captor, Valentine. Clary meets werewolves, vampires, magicians (of course!), and Valentine himself to reach her mother and rescue her.

Page number: 496

Genre: maybe fantasy, I don't know how else to explain it.

What I thought: I though the book was okay, it was really intense and violent, but I liked the idea behind it.

Who's it for: anyone who would like a little more violence in something like the Red Pyramid would like this a lot!

Rating: Probable a 2.5, not one of my favorites.


Thanks for reading, and sorry about the drought


~ Carter

2 comments:

  1. Hey guys, I nominated your blog for an award.... here's the link
    http://julyaemmance.blogspot.com/2012/12/what-adorable-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I don't know what to say!

    ReplyDelete