Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Matched

Hey uniquely gifted and wonderfully different people who read this blog and will tell every one of their friends about it,

What's up? Sorry, for the long (snap, snap) what's it called? INTRODUCTION! Thanks disembodied voice I just heard. Rethinking that... that's a tad creepy: a disembodied voice. Spooky. Anyway, I know you are all so sad and blue that I have not posted in all of eternity. I forgot, then remembered, then forgot, then remembered, then didn't have time, then forgot. So sorry and I am fully aware that I am an awful person. Book review time.

Book: Matched

Author: Ally Condie

Important Characters: Cassia, Xander, and Ky

Page #: 366

Genre: Dystopian

Setting: Good question... It takes place in The Society. Sorry, hard to explain.

To sum it all up: In the Society the Officials are in charge. They decide everything in your whole life/ Cassia is the age for the Matching. She's always trusted what the officials say because, well, why not? It's worth it for a pretty good life if you obey the rules. The Matching Ceremony is where you get your "mate". So when Cassia's best friend, Xander, appears on the screen; she's very happy. But the thing is on the information card she was given a different face flashes up, Ky, who's not her mate and not what she expected. The officials contacted her and said it was a cruel joke but she can't seem to forget Ky and his face that flashed on her screen. Now she has to choose between Ky and Xander and a new life and something new.

What I thought: I really liked this book. I haven't read it in a while so that's what my sum-up is so short, but definitely read it. It's so worth it. I enjoyed it alot, this is one of my favorite types of books. I think that you guys and gals out there should read it.

Who's it for: Middle school, guys and girls

Books with it: Crossed and Reached which will come out shortly.

My Star Rating: 4 stars

That's all for me today. Bye bye.
Love and the future,
~AJ


1 comment:

  1. OOH! I read that and LOVED it! I would say that it is mostly a girls book, but I guess some guys could enjoy it too. I think that Matched was the better of the two that are out though. BTW I have a question for you, not the one question, a different one... I'll ask you sometime.

    ReplyDelete