Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Dark Life

Hello.

I am a despicable human being. I am so ever so terribly sorry. I broke my promise. BUT I didn't forget about doing a review. I'm doing it today. I was busy the past two days. Anywho, onto my book review; it's on Dark Life by Kat Falls. It's about people who live under the ocean. How AWESOME is that? Here you go:



Cover
To sum it all up: It's about a teenage guy, named Ty (apologies for my rhymes) who lives under the sea off the coast of what remains of New York. Topside had been destroyed and those who lived there are packed into super tall buildings. Topside, space is wealth, the more room you have; the better and more successful.

One day Ty was exploring and he found an abandoned sea-sub with the controls covered in blood. Exploring further he heard a scream and found a girl named Gemma. She was looking for her brother who went to live subsea. While helping her look for her brother, Ty tries to ward off the outlaws who are terrorizing the town.

Gemma keeps asking Ty about Dark Gifts. There was a story about a boy who could talk to fish that went through all the news. She wants to know if kids actually have been changed from living under all that pressure from the water. Ty tells her it's all lies, but is it really?

What I thought: It's super suspenseful. I wanted to know what the outlaw group was gonna do next. I wanted to know more about the Dark Gifts and if anyone had them because it sounded pretty real. I really wanted Gemma to find her brother. I loved it.
 
Genre: Dystopian (futuristic)

Setting: Under the sea. Nothing is better than under the sea. (Sorry my Little Mermaid memories) Though it does take place subsea. Off the coast of destroyed New York.

Number of pages: I don't know for sure, maybe 300-ish

Who's it for: Anyone I guess.

Warnings: None

My Star Rating: 4 stars

So that's it. Hope you read it. Ooh, one more thing! Ty glows! He eats glowing fish and it makes him glow! Haha! Wouldn't that be AMAZING!?!?!? That's all for me today. Bye-bye.
Love and oceans,
~AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment