Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Heist Society

Hey Guys and Gals,

So sorry, I wasn't feeling that great on Friday and so I forgot about the post. I am fully aware that I am a despicable human being, now don't bug me about it. I got a book that some of y'all might like if you like mystery kind of books.


Book: Heist Society

Author: Ally Carter

Important Characters: Kat. W.W. Hale the 5th or just Hale. The Bagshaw brothers. Uncle Eddie. Nick. Gabriella. Arturo Taccone. Visily Romani. Bobby Bishop or Kat's dad.

Book Cover
To sum it all up: Kat left the family business, she was done. She got into Colgan School. She was going to be a normal girl. That was until she got kicked out. Kicked out for putting the headmaster's car on the fountain in the front lawn. The thing is she got caught; Kat never gets caught. 

When she was three, she went to the Louvre... To case it. For her seventh birthday Kat went with her Uncle Eddie to England to steal the crown jewels. At one point she went to the circus because the Bagshaw's dad needed to borrow an elephant. She scammed herself into fancy boarding school to get away from her life. Can you guess what the family biz is? She escaped it and Hale brought her back. 

A powerful mobsters rare collection of art was stolen by a master criminal. Bobby Bishop, Kat's dad, is not just on the list of Taccone's suspects, he's the list. Toccone is going to get rid of Kat's dad and she needs to help him. Her crew is going to do a job. A job that is not only not ever done, but almost forbidden. She has two weeks. She needs to pull off the greatest heist ever with a teenage crew and maybe get her old life back.

What I thought:
I have to say this is one of my favorite series. It's so good. It's fast paced, you want to know what's going to happen. I didn't expect Nick to do what he did. I wanted to know if they could pull off the heist. I wanted to know what Visily Romani was going to do. I couldn't put it down all of the times I read it. It's the best. Ally Carter is an awesome author. She writes some really exciting books. I love that she wrote a spy-girl series who works for the government and a thief's story, who works against the government. Anyway, I suggest this book and her others. 

Genre: 
mystery, action, I guess

Setting: A bunch of places. Here, I'll tell you the countries:United States, Italy, Austria, Poland, England, and France. They do alot of traveling.


# of Pages:
287

Who's it for: Middle school, high school, doesn't really matter

Warnings: I don't think so.

Other books with it: Uncommon Criminals and Perfect Scoundrels will come out Feb. 3, 2013. Can't wait. Argh! 

My Star Rating: 5, I may be a tad high but I love it so so so so much. 

I think you all should read it. It's one of the best. It may seem to you boys out there that it's a girl book. Maybe it is. But it's so good, you should read it. I think that's all I have.
Bye bye. You guys rock.
Love and paintings,
~AJ

PS. Look at the girl's sunglasses on the cover. What do you see? Then read the book and figure out how it's connected.

2 comments: