Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fluffy Cat and Red Horse

This is Mr. Fluffy. He is the best cat ever.  I miss him.
First of all, that is not the title of the book I am going to do a reveiw on. Second of all, I miss Mr. Fluffy (short for Fluffarino and long for Fluf). I miss him because me (Josh) and Carter are trying to work on our time machine, and we miscalculated something wrong, and so when we sent my cat into the time machine, he went into somewhere in 1000 A. D. ish. So that is why I am sad. How we made the time machine is interesting. We hooked up a CD thingamabob of all of history and then from the power of some magnets that we hooked up you press this button which completes the circut of the electricity and.... I could go on and on about how we made it, but now for the Red Horse part of the blog post.
P.S. I miss Mr. Fluffy. Have I told you that yet?



     Now, the Red Horse. I read this sweet book called The Blood Red Horse. It takes place during the third Crusade. A boy named William get's this beutiful and fast horse, and names it Hosanna. Then King Richard calls for another Crusade, and so Willam, Gavin, (Williams brother) Sir Thomas, (Williams dad)have to leave De Granville (The manor that they own) and join the Third Crusade.            

What I thought: It was a pretty good book. It was fun to read some cool history and have a story in it. It was interesting to see what the Christians believed and the Islamic believed (there are some chapters with a Islamic boy). Then at the end how Hosanna brought them together to do something and... I shouldn't give it away, so i'll stop there.


Rating:   I would give it three and a half stars.

Warnings: There are some bloody and horrible stuff that happened in the book, that actually happened back then. (like Black death and how bad it was on a ship and stuff) But besides that there is no warnings.

Setting: The Holy Land (Israel area) and Europe

 Pages: 277 

Series?: Yes. It is the first book of the De Gravilles Trilogy.

Author: K. M. Grant



P.S. I miss my cat, Mr. Fluffy

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

~JOSH

3 comments:

  1. Mr. Fluffy, you say?! Oy! I KNEW I saw a cat like that when I was visiting a remote village warning them about the incoming dragon attack...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eew sick the Black Plague is so gross.... we learned about that in school! Yuck! We also learned about the Middle Passage (I think that's what it's called) with graphic pictures.... now that was gross. Don't look it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Huh, maybe I won't look up the Middle Passage then. The Black Plague is really depressing though, I know that.
      ~AJ

      Delete