Friday, June 1, 2012

AJ's First Book Review

Hey Guys.
So, here's my book review on a book I read a while ago that I thought was really good. It's called The Romeo and Juliet Code.

To sum it all up: Felicity was just dropped off at a relatives' house by her parents and they leave her there. She gets the mail one day and notices it's a letter from what looks like her parents. Her Uncle Gideon snatches it out of her hands before she can see it more. Then she learns about Captain Derek who lives in the upstairs room and she wants to meet him. More letters come from the same place and Felicity wants to know the story behind it. Slowly, she and Captain Derek find clues and try to discover the true story behind the letters.

What I thought: I really, really loved this book. It's a mystery that you want to figure out alongside Derek and Felicity.

Genre: Mystery, maybe? I'm not really sure, because I'm not to great at figuring out what genre it is. Sorry.

Number of pages: 296, it's a pretty short read

Who's it for: Umm.... I was thinking maybe middle school. But guys when you see this you think, "Oh, Romeo and Juliet, girly, love story." Well, it's totally not that, you should read it.

My Star Rating: 4 stars

So, that is my first review, I know it's not all that great but I still hoped it got you possibly thinking about a new book to read.

Love and Codes,
      ~AJ
PS. A fun song for you to look up is: Our God by Chris Tomlin

3 comments:

  1. Greeting's and hello's to you all! I managed to find your blog, and I think it's awesome that you are book lovers as well. (: Would you mind putting a spot to follow you somewhere on this blog? That way I can keep up on your latest booky fun. (:
    Happy reading, writing, and doing whatever else suits your fancy,
    <3 Seana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey AJ! I've seen this book before, but I've never picked it up. Maybe it was the title, maybe the cover, I don't know, All I know is that now, it's made a spot on my "summer reads" list! I LOVE Our God by Chris Tomlin! We sing it in our school's chapel and it is a great song.
    Julyabelle

    ReplyDelete