Sunday, June 3, 2012

Carter's book review

The Unwanteds  Lisa McMann
Hey guys! first book review, hope you like it



      Synopsis: At the age of thirteen kids are separated into into the wanteds, the strong, intelligent, and unimaginative, and the unwanteds, the creative people, which is  known as a useless ability. Alex is separated form his twin brother and is sent to be incinerated in the Lake of Burning Oil, just to find out that the Unwanteds live in a secret country named Artime that teaches them to use there creativity. Alex learns to use his powers to defend himself and one day take over the country that keeps out wonderful creativity. Alex learns about different ways to use it talent of art, from making handcuffs from clay to painting doors and walking through them.
   
What I thought: Great book, Everyone can read it it's fun to predict what happens next in this book. You feel like you know the characters and that your great friends with them.

Genre: Definitely Dystopian, or what may happen in earth's near future

Pages: 390, but It goes a lot faster than you think

Who's it for: anyone into magic and fantasy probably 6th or 7th grade

Rating: 3 1/2 stars

Hope you like it
~ Carter



3 comments:

  1. Oh, I read this one! I loved it. (: There's a sequel coming out (I forget when) called The Island of Silence. I think. My brain's a bit fuzzy this early in the morning. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fitting review, indeed. This was a quite imaginative book, and I enjoyed it.
    (Another call for the Name/URL option for commenting...?)

    Liam, Head Phil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, The Unwanteds. I liked the book, but I didn't like how it was advertising a cross between the Hunger Games and Harry Potter (both of which I read) because it wasn't nearly as good as either one. But I did enjoy it and you're right, it is a very quick 390 pages. Thanks for reviewing!
    July

    ReplyDelete