Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Hunger Games

Hey this is Avery.  The first book I am going to review is The Hunger Games. Now I know a lot of you have read this book but I thought it was worth reviewing.

In the ruins of North America a great nation has rose called Panem. It is made of the Capitol and 12 surrounding districts. There once was 13 districts, but the 13th started a rebellion. They were defeated by the Capitol. As a reminder to the remaining districts the Capitol started the Hunger Games. Where a boy and a girl between the ages of 12-18 are taken from each district to fight to death in arena. They are selected by a lottery draw. In the poorer districts the more times you put your name in the more food you get. The story begins with Katniss going hunting wither friend Gale. After word Katniss and her sister Primrose (Prim for short) go to the reeping. Where the tributes are determined. Prim is chosen and Katniss takes her place. The boy  Peeta is chosen and they set off to the capitol with there dunk mentor Haymitch.

When they arrive at the Capitol the opening ceremonies costume makes  Katniss known as " the girl on fire." The training continues.

The night before they go into the arena they are interviewed and Peeta declares his undying love for Katniss.

They enter the areana and the games play out as no one has suspected they would.

The 2012 film is based o this book. I would suggest reading the book first.

I would give this books a 5 star rating.

Genre: Destopian & it is Young adult
Got Books?
~Avery  <3

4 comments:

  1. I read this in the fall last year and thought it was great! Have you finished the series yet? I'd love to talk Hunger Games with you anytime. Oh, and yes, I do "got books!"
    July

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I forgot to ask if it is ok for me to put your blog link on my blog?
    July

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the Hunger Games. A series that made me laugh, cry (well it was more of a NOOOOOOOO! rather than a cry) and made me want to throw the book against the wall in frustration. I still like the series though. (: Yes, I do got books. Check out my blog if you'd like to see some more booky fun.
    <3 Seana

    ReplyDelete